Many visitors and locals alike are in constant search of the best places to shop in Italy. It’s considered one of the fashion capitals of the world!
We gathered the best stores in Italy for all your style needs. Shop in Rome, Florence, Milan, and Naples for fine fashion and the best shopping in Italy. Find the perfect pieces that make you feel like a model on the runway. Italian style is unique and elegant for everyday wear, so you can feel glamorous all the time.
Keep reading to learn more about shopping in these top Italian cities. Whether you’re exploring Italy or living here, there’s plenty to choose from for every style. Discover where to go, what to buy, and the top brands below. Get ready to become an Italian fashion expert!
After a long day of visiting tourist attractions, you might want to discover Rome’s local flavor. Rome is one of the best places to shop in Italy. It’s a worldly center of fashion and offers all sorts of styles. Find both luxury stores and affordable, trendy stores in Rome.
Via del Corso
Via del Corso is a main shopping area in Rome, Italy. It runs through the city from the Piazza Venezia to the Piazza del Popolo. It is considered one of the best shopping streets in the city with its many fashion brands and local shopping arcade, Galleria Alberto Sordi.
- Location: Via del Corso, Rome, Italy
- What to Buy: Trendy clothing and accessories
- Famous Shops: Effetti Moda, Energie, Celyn B., Sisely
Via dei Condotti
Via dei Condotti is a high fashion street in Rome. It’s famous for beginning at Rome’s Spanish Steps, a major tourist attraction. Find brands here that are popular in other fashion capitals like Paris and London.
- Location: Via dei Condotti, Rome, Italy
- What to Buy: Designer, luxury goods
- Famous Shops: Armani, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Dior
Via Frattina features classic Italian fashion houses and unique brands. Here, you’ll find items that are totally original with an Italian flair. Shop clothing, accessories, and footwear and find your personal style.
- Location: Via Frattina, Rome, Italy
- What to Buy: Items featuring Italian Craftsmanship
- Famous Shops: Geox, MaxMra, Trussardi, Fausto Santini
Via del Babuino
Via del Babuino is a high-end shopping street in Rome. It’s a central street with beautiful architecture, making it fun to walk around while going to shops. Explore famous, designer boutiques here for a memorable shopping trip.
- Location: Via del Babuino, Rome, Italy
- What to Buy: Haute couture clothing and accessories
- Famous Shops: Chanel, Tiffany, RedValentino, Cavalli
Florence is known for its beautiful landscape, fine art, and nearby day trips. Florence is also another one of the best places to shop in Italy. Here, you’ll find artistic, hand-crafted pieces. Stand out in style with distinctive designs from this exceptional city.
Ponte Vecchio is a historic bridge lined with jewelry shops. Discover brands from descendants of artisans dating back to the 16th century. There are plenty of unique, high-quality pieces here.
- Location: Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy
- What to Buy: Gold and Jewelry
- Famous Shops: Fratelli Piccini
This upscale shopping district features popular names in Italian fashion. Find luxury boutiques and artisan workshops here. This is also a great place to find Italian leather goods. Everything in Florence is artistic with its own special mark.
- Location: Via Tornabuoni, Florence, Italy
- What to Buy: Luxury goods and leather
- Famous Shops: Gucci, Ferragamo
Via dei Calzaiuoli
Via dei Calzaiuoli is a historic street in Florence that is lined with shops. This street is great for walking between important areas in Florence’s city center. While you’re exploring the city, pop into some of these exceptional stores. Find designers, leather goods, and vintage couture.
- Location: Via dei Calzaiuoli, Florence, Italy
- What to Buy: Luxury goods and leather
- Famous Shops: Michelangelo, Massimo Leather, Prada Outlet
Milan is well-known as one of the best places to shop in Italy. Along with London, Paris, and New York, it’s one of top fashion destinations in the world. Everything you’ll find here is stylish. Explore Milan for its architecture and history while wearing some of the most famous brands ever created.
Via Montenapoleone features exclusive, famous names in fashion. It’s one of the four most expensive shopping streets in Milan. It’s also considered one of the main fashion centers in the entire world. Shop for designer, luxury goods from well-known brands and find some of the best shopping in Italy.
- Location: Via Montenapoleione, Milan, Italy
- What to Buy: Designer and luxury goods
- Famous Shops: Gucci, Bulgari, Versace
Via della Spiga
This busy Italian street is full of elegant boutiques. It’s known for chic brands and designer accessories. Each shop features an individual, eclectic style. You can’t go wrong anywhere on Via della Spiga!
- Location: Via della Spiga, Milan, Italy
- What to Buy: Luxury goods and jewelry
- Famous Shops: Prada, Agnona, Hermes, Sergio Rossi
Corso Buenos Aires
Corso Buenos Aires is popular for high street fashion in Milan. It’s in a central location and easy to access. It’s always busy, with sales and affordable prices for designer price tags.
- Location: Corso Buenos Aires, Milan, Italy
- What to Buy: Fashionable streetwear
- Famous Shops: Furla, Boggi, Liu Jo
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
This pedestrian shopping thoroughfare provides an excellent experience. It’s home to the famous Milan shopping mall known as the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Here, you’ll find all sorts of designer brands. It’s a must-see area for anyone visiting Milan.
- Location: Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Milan, Italy
- What to Buy: Designer clothing brands
- Famous Shops: Gucci, Armani, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Versace
Naples is another city known as one of the best places to shop in Italy. Located near the Amalfi Coast, it’s the perfect stop for any traveler. You might be wondering, “where is the best place to shop in Italy for trending fashion?” Naples is perfect if you’re looking to combine style with affordability. Learn more below about the best neighborhoods for shopping in Naples.
Corso Umberto I
Corso Umberto I is filled with plenty of shops and boutiques. There are designer brands as well as other affordable, well-known ones. Here, you can explore Naples while diving into the street shopping scene.
- Location: Corso Umberto I, Naples, Italy
- What to Buy: Fashionable Italian clothing goods and accessories
- Famous Shops: Alcott Uomo, Calzedonia, Gallery Project Uomo
Via Toledo is considered one of the longest shopping streets in Naples. It’s a popular destination for shopping at boutiques and chain stores. Find affordable outlets and more while shopping here.
- Location: Via Toledo, Naples, Italy
- What to Buy: Trending clothing items
- Famous Shops: H&M, Luisa Spagnoli, Victoria’s Secret
Chiaia is known for its luxury shopping. This posh area features exclusive shops next to historical buildings. Find goods from Italian artisans in this pedestrian neighborhood.
- Location: Chiaia, Naples, Italy
- What to Buy: High-end clothing, accessories, and leather goods
- Famous Shops: Gutteridge, Tramontano
Italy is a popular destination for all things fashion. There are several questions that people are often wondering when it comes to shopping in Italy.
Items that are similar in the U.S. and in Italy are typically cheaper in Italy. That being said, Italy is known for its high-quality, high-end fashion. Designer clothing usually comes with higher price tags.
Shoes and leather goods are popular Italian products to buy. Popular designers like Armani, Gucci, and Versace are also popular in Italy. Overall, Italy is known for its classy style. You can’t go wrong with Italian fashion, whether it’s a dress or a suit.
Milan is known for having the best luxury shopping in Italy! Rome is a close second. Florence and Naples also have good luxury shopping districts.
All of the cities we mentioned are excellent places to shop in Italy. The whole country is known for its great fashion sense, though. You can’t go wrong with any local boutique in Italy.
Italy is known for its exceptional designer clothing, accessories, shoes, and jewelry. People from all over the world flock to Italy for its incredible shopping opportunities. Whether you’re visiting Italy or live here, you’ll want to show off your personal style. Visit Rome, Florence, Milan, or Naples to experience fantastic shopping. Find luxury goods as well as affordable street fashion all over Italy!
If you’re looking for more to do in Italy in addition to shopping, check out Italy Travel Secrets.